News & Announcements
November 21, 2016 Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco Announces 2016 Director Election Results
Melinda Guzman was re-elected to the Board of Directors of the Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco as a nonmember independent director. She will serve a 3 year term beginning January 1, 2017 through December 31, 2019.
August 07, 2016 The One Person Whose Reputation was Enhanced by UC Davis Scandal
Attorney Melinda Guzman faced off with UC President Janet Napolitano and secured a lucrative settlement for her client, Linda P.B. Katehi, who just stepped down as chancellor of UC Davis.
Marcos Breton of Sacramento Bee reports.
June 03, 2016 Melinda Guzman and Larry Kamer Press Conference on UC Davis Katehi Matter
Melinda Guzman and Larry Kamer, Chancellor Katehi’s lawyer and media spokesperson, hold a press conference to discuss problems and questions concerning the investigation of the Chancellor.
• Baffling delays in UC’s disclosures of information requested by news organizations, a situation that is greatly troubling to Chancellor Katehi given that she had provided all such information prior to her leave in April
• Disparate treatment of Chancellor Katehi versus other senior UC senior administrators
• Questions of how President Napolitano has managed confidential personnel issues
• How the announcement of Chancellor Katehi’s “administrative leave” violated confidentiality and longstanding rules governing academic integrity
• Recent heavy-handed tactics by UC investigators
• Issues concerning the financial arrangement between UC and the Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe law firm, specifically those regarding payments for this investigation.
November 23, 2014 Mexico Officials Bestow Ohtli Honor on Three Northern Californians
The three – public policy consultant Jim González, attorney Melinda Guzmán and financial consultant Marco Antonio Rodríguez – were presented one of Mexico’s highest honors, the Ohtli, which means “path” in Nahuatl, the language of the Aztecs.
May 20, 2004 Diversity Dilemma
The small numbers of women and minority lawyers working at local firms fall far short of representing the demographics of law schools and society. Breaking barriers: Melinda Guzman is considered by some the most successful Latina in the private-sector legal community in Sacramento.
1 / 1