Melinda Guzman and Larry Kamer, Chancellor Katehi’s lawyer and media spokesperson, hold a press conference to discuss problems and questions concerning the investigation of the Chancellor.
• Baffling delays in UC’s disclosures of information requested by news organizations, a situation that is greatly troubling to Chancellor Katehi given that she had provided all such information prior to her leave in April
• Disparate treatment of Chancellor Katehi versus other senior UC senior administrators
• Questions of how President Napolitano has managed confidential personnel issues
• How the announcement of Chancellor Katehi’s “administrative leave” violated confidentiality and longstanding rules governing academic integrity
• Recent heavy-handed tactics by UC investigators
• Issues concerning the financial arrangement between UC and the Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe law firm, specifically those regarding payments for this investigation.